Audio Visual Room Solutions Designed for Training Sessions… An Inside Look
United Nurses Association of California
The United Nurses Associations of California/Union of Health Care Professionals (UNAC/UHCP) represents over 25,000 registered nurses and other healthcare professionals.
UNAC has two meeting rooms in its San Dimas headquarters office that needed Audio Visual upgrades specifically designed for training sessions. Both rooms had analog 4:3 projectors that were not quite bright enough and did not accommodate HDMI or other digital video sources.
The wireless microphones in both rooms exhibited annoying feedback regularly and some screeching occasionally. The client also desired to begin online conferencing (Webex, Skype), requiring a USB Camera and USB-capable Sound System.
AV Planners designed and integrated upgrades to both the Large and Small Conference Rooms by including the following:
- Display Epson Pro G-series WUXGA high-resolution, high-brightness, 6000 lumen ceiling-mounted projector, enabling users to display video from virtually any Laptop or PC with a bright, clear image.
- Shure wireless Lapel and Microphones
- Tannoy Ceiling speakers
- Biamp Digital Signal Processor (DSP) with USB Audio, featuring Sona Automatic Echo Cancellation on all microphone inputs
- Vaddio 1-USB 3.0 HD Pan/Tilt/Zoom Webcam, 12x Optical Zoom, 73° wide Horizontal Field of view, ceiling-mounted to view presenter and room front area panel of participants.
- 1-USB cable extender (over CAT5)
- 1-USB 2.0 webcam (fixed) viewing audience for general online collaboration
Presenters and trainers can now display any media from the corporate network using a laptop or online platform with superb picture quality and crystal clear audio. In addition, speech is now transmitted and received, both ways with amazing intelligibility and clarity.